MEN’S SOFTBALL LEAGUE 2019
The softball season will soon begin for leagues at our church field. Games will be played starting March 19 Tuesday and Thursday games. Season games will end May . A total of 18 games will be played, and a double elimination tournament will be held Monday, May 6, Tuesday, May 7, Thursday, May 9, Friday, May 10 and the final games will be held Saturday, May 11. Total cost for the season is $355 + $120 forfeit deposit. The $120 will be refunded at the conclusion of the season, to teams that have not forfeited games.
League fees are $355 and a refundable forfeit fee of $120. Total payment of $475.00 is due March 8, 2019.
If you need further information contact Jason Love 904-838-5724.
Below is a copy of our church ball park rules, roster, roster addition and parental consent form.
Remember, some of the best softball played by Christian athletes will be on Dinsmore’s Field.
Reminder: Contact Jason Love for any date exceptions to the schedule.
Please Note: Additional $30 per game will be needed for umpire and scorekeeper fees, forfeit fee per game is $60.
|10500 Old Kings Road Jacksonville, FL 32219 Phone: 904-764-3268 Fax: 904-764-2322 |
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.dbcjax.com
Dinsmore Baptist Church Player Roster Addition
By my signature I do acknowledge that Dinsmore Baptist Church will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur while I play softball on the Dinsmore Baptist Church Ball Field.
Player Name (Print)_______________________________
DINSMORE BAPTIST CHURCH SOFTBALL LEAGUE
PLAYER ROSTER 2019
Name of Church:____________________________________________________________
By my signature, I do acknowledge that Dinsmore Baptist Church will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur while I practice or play softball on or off the field at Dinsmore Baptist Church.
Print Name Signature Date____________
Dinsmore Baptist Church Student/Player Liability Release
(Release of all claims and permission statement to participate)
I ___________________________________, the parent/guardian as also (print parent’s name)
signed below, hereby give consent and/or authorization for the student _____________________________to _______________________ (print student’s name)
on the __________________________________________________. I do hereby release, forever discharge and agree to hold harmless the Dinsmore Baptist Church and its employees and volunteers from any and all liability, claims or demands for personal property loss or damage expense, or personal injury or death or expense that may be incurred by the above named while said person is participating in the above listed activity. The undersigned further agrees to hold harmless and indemnify said church, its directors, employees and agents for any liability sustained by said acts of said participant, including expense incurred attendant thereto.
Parent or Guardian’s Signature__________________________________
Signed this_________day of______________, ____________________
STATE OF FLORIDA
COUNTY OF DUVAL
Before me this day personally appeared____________________________
presenting identification _________________or to me well known, and known to me to be the person described in and who executed the foregoing instrument, and acknowledged to and before me and executed said instrument for the purposes therein expressed. WITNESS my hand and official seal, this__________day of_____________, _________A. D.
BALL PARK RULES
- Behave in a Christian manner.
- No profanity, foul language, or obscene gestures.
- No smoking or other use of tobacco products.
- Roster: We must have a complete team roster, signed and dated by PASTOR, coach, and players prior to 1st game of the season. Rosters cannot have more than 20 players. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Players must attend two church services per month to be eligible for game play.
- Ball Park Committee member must receive player additions prior to game play.
- No additions to roster after mid-season (whatever the midpoint of season first game).
- Player removal from team roster must be confirmed by the 1st week in May.
- Players found playing for any other league team will be subject to expulsion from league and forfeiture of games played. (This includes all local city leagues).
- Player is ineligible to play on any league team other than where he attends (unless the church where he attends does not have a team in the league).
- A player must play at least 2 games in order to play end of the season tournament games.
- Signing the team roster releases Dinsmore Baptist Church of all liability from injury sustained on church property.
- Players must be 16 years old, or 15 years old with written parental consent. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Bat check will be done at every game (Teams will be provided ASA USSSA Softball Bat Approval Sheet) Dinsmore Baptist Church League bats must be used by all players.
- A grace period of 15 minutes is allowed for the first game only. All other games will start on time. Any team forfeiting (2) games is out of the league. FORFEIT FEE $60. No games will be re-scheduled.
- Cost per game is $30 ($20 umpire and $10 scorekeeper)
- Game balls will be provided at no additional cost.
- Entry Fee: Men’s team $355 + $120 forfeit fee.
- No steel cleats.
- Players must wear same color and numbered game shirts. NO EXCEPTIONS (all teams must have shirts by first game.)
- Protests will be handled according to A.S.A. rules.
- Additional rules are the rules of the A.S.A.
- If ejected from a game you will sit out the next game also. Second ejection will constitute being out of the league.
Stat sheet will be posted in the window by the concession stand.
Rules Revision 1/24/18